What is Philanthropy?
Philanthropy is gifts of time, talent, and treasure. At UNI, each gift, no matter the size, has a positive impact on the lives of Panthers past, present, and future. Philanthropy is a strong part of UNI's history and culture. Panthers show they care and make a difference through giving.
Many students don’t realize that tuition and state funding only cover a portion of your education – private support helps bridge the total cost of attending UNI. Your Panther experience is supplemented every day by gifts from students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the University. Giving back ensures the university can support exceptional programs, research, technology, buildings, and innovation. The tradition of giving connects current students to generations of alumni who came before them and the students who will follow in their footsteps.
How to Give
- Love a Donor: Help us thank our generous donors by writing personalized thank you cards.
- Volunteer as a member of a student organization to support the mission of UNI
- Join Connecting Alumni to Students (CATS): lend your leadership skills to help build lasting relationships with Panther alumni and educate students about giving back to UNI
- Become a Panther Engagement Center Representative: work for the Panther Engagement Center and engage alumni and friends in events and giving
- Join our team: check Handshake for other open students employment opportunities
- Live Purple Give Gold: Join UNI students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends on our Day of Giving on March 30 to raise money to support UNI's future
- PAWPrint: Support a project on our crowdfunding platform
- Make a gift of any size to an area of campus that has positively impacted your UNI experience on the UNI Foundation giving form.
Where to Give
You can make a gift to the area(s) of your choice at UNI. Gifts can be designated to whichever area(s) you are passionate about:
- Your academic college or department
- Scholarships for current and future Panthers
- Resources like the Panther Pantry, Student Emergency Fund, and Panther Scholarship Club
- And so much more!
Learn more about the funds featured on our giving pages using this fund guide.
Senior Class Gift
Celebrate your UNI experience and your graduation by making a Senior Class Gift. Whether you give $5, $20, or $100, you are showing your belief in the success of UNI, and saying thanks for all it has done for you. The tradition of giving connects you, our newest alumni, to the generations of alumni who came before you and the students who will follow in your footsteps.
Make your Senior Class Gift of $20.24 to receive a purple and green Philanthropy Cord to wear at Commencement*. The colors of this cord represent your Panther pride and the financial legacy of UNI alumni.
*Deadline to give and receive cords by graduation is Friday, May 3! Cords can be picked up by bringing your email receipt to Commons 205.
How else can I engage in Philanthropy at UNI?
Nominate an Emerging Philanthropist
The Emerging Philanthropist Award recognizes a student who is dedicated to giving their time, talent, and treasure to the university, their community, or cause(s) of their choice and shows promise as a future philanthropic leader. Nominate a student or yourself by due Friday, March 8 by 11:59 p.m. Awards will be presented at the Student Leadership Awards on April 16.