What is the UNI Traditions Challenge?
A big part of college is the lifelong memories you'll create and the experiences that unite you with Panthers all over the world. The traditions of the UNI community connect you to alumni through shared experiences and are part of our campus' continually evolving history.
The Traditions Challenge helps you make the most of your time at UNI and gives you a way to remember it forever. It's a "must-do" list of campus activities you are encouraged to participate in, many of which you will already do during your college years. You just need to document it with photos (which you're probably going to do anyway)!
Some examples of UNI Traditions include:
- Eating in the dining center (you have to eat, right?)
- Going campaniling (and finding out what campaniling is)
- Watching a sporting event (you get to see nationally-ranked teams, for free!)
- Attending a musical or theater performance (see your friends or national groups, your call)
- And many more (you do have a few years to fill up with memories)
What do I get at the end?
Complete 25 traditions to receive a pin and 45 traditions to receive a pin and medallion to wear at graduation. Graduating seniors who have completed the task are invited to a celebratory ceremony each year. Friends and family will know you are a Traditions Keeper, helping keep the Panther spirit alive at UNI! You'll also have a great collection of photos and memories to remember your years at UNI and all the wonderful people you met and exciting things you did.
How do I participate?
- Complete items on the Traditions Challenge list
- Take pictures while you're doing it
- Download a copy of this presentation and add a photo for each tradition on the corresponding slide
- Contact us with questions or to turn in your traditions (make sure to attach your completed presentation!)
- Graduate and be a Traditions Keeper!
I still have a few questions. Who do I contact?